The Virginia Radio Controlled Helicopter Association's (VARCHA) home field is located in Bealeton, VA, just off Rt. 17 about 1.25 miles south of Rt. 28. Thanks to the generosity of Luck Stone Corporation of Bealeton, VA we have access to a 25 acres field, of which two perpendicular flight lines have been carved out.
GPS Coordinates: N 38°33'58.55" / W 77°45'51.08"W
Address: Luck Stone Road, Bealeton, VA
Since our field is insured by the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) only current AMA & VARCHA members may fly at our field. However if you would like to fly at our field and have a current AMA membership you can fly as a guest, so long as a current VARCHA member is present. If you are interested in joining us as a guest, please contact one of our officers.
Maps & Directions
From Northern Virginia
- I-66 W to Rt. 29 (S) Gainesville (Exit 43A)
- Continue Rt. 29 (S) past Warrenton
- At split for 17 & 29,(at Sheetz Gas Station) Continue left on Rt. 17 (S)
- Continue for about 4.5 miles, (cross over Rt. 28 and pass McDonald's) to Luck Stone on right
- Make right into Luck Stone follow road to gravel road on right
From Fredericksburg & I-95
- From I-95 take Exit 133 for Rt. 17 toward Warrenton
- Proceed on Rt. 17 N for about 23 miles to Luck Stone on left
- Make left into Luck Stone follow road to gravel road on right